Saturday, June 16, 2012

Favorite Scriptures



Susan:


In Shannon’s journal I found the following list of scriptures that she wrote down during her long stay at NIH. I think this is a fitting post for her birthday.

She listed this as "Favorite Scriptures":

Hope:

Psalm 119:116-
Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.


Jeremiah 17:7-8-
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought neither shall cease from yielding fruit.



2 Thessalonians 2:16-
Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace.

Hebrews 6: 18-19-
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast and which entereth into that within the veil.


Psalm 31: 24-
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Psalm 42:5-
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him for the help of his countenance.


Psalm 71:14-
But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

Romans 8:24-25-
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do with patience wait for it.



Afraid:

Psalm 27:1-
The Lord is my light and salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 56:3-
What time I am afraid? I will trust in thee.


Psalm 112:7-
He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.

Believe:

Matthew 9: 28-29-
And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him yea Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, according to your faith be it unto you.


Mark 9:23-
Jesus said unto him, if thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

2 Corinthians 4:13-
We have in the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment