Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cycle Two -- Shoe Swap

Shannon:
August 6, 2009

I went to Franklin Square Hospital today to pick up all my drugs and supplies to start my second cycle of treatment. I am already tired of it and it is only my second one! I am sad that my ten day break is over; it did not feel nearly long enough, but I take a deep breath and continue on. I felt like I needed some encouragement so I looked on my favorite synonym site and looked up persevere. It is defined by the site as to keep at; work hard. Some of my favorite synonyms felt like phrases of encouragement and are:

be determined
hang tough
leave no stone unturned
plug away
see it through


I was also reminded of a scripture verse given to me by a family friend at the beginning of my diagnosis and read it again as encouragement. Isaiah 40:31 “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles; They shall run and not be weary; They shall walk and not faint.” I could not remember the reference and when I looked it up another scripture came up for patience and jumped out at me as very encouraging. Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer”

So now encouraged I pull myself up by the proverbial boot straps and continue on. My dad is going with me so that I don’t have to take the long drive up to the hospital by myself. It is a short appointment. Literally picking up what I need for this cycle and a blood draw. I have something random and fun to look forward to though – a shoe swap.


I recently order new shoes and the store accidentally shipped me another woman’s shoes. Quite on the opposite end of the spectrum from what I ordered the shoes while quite stylish and pretty were not a size 5.5 black stiletto peep toe, but rather size 11 chocolate flats. Luckily I was able to contact the lady they belonged to and she indeed received mine. So this morning she met me at my appointment and we swapped shoes. As she said “What women will do for their shoes.” I am so happy to have my shoes today they were the perfect pick me up for the afternoon.

Starting Cycle 2 with style!

No comments:

Post a Comment