I wanted to test out my 3 mini-tier cake pan that I just got. My cousin is getting married in August and asked me to make her a wedding cake with a small tier that they can freeze for the one year anniversary tradition. I immediately had feelings of stress and anxiety:
- I have trouble saying no to people.
- I have never done a stacked or tiered cake before.
- The wedding is more than two hours away from where I live.
- The wedding is an outdoor wedding which means fondant - and fondant is not my strong point.
- It is for some one's wedding!!!! Stress!!
They are evil Satan Spawn!!!
I now give you pictures of the disaster also known as the demon cakes that refused to be iced by any means.
|The Damage in Total|
|This one was an attempt at poured frosting...frosting failed.|
Ben still ate it and said it tasted great.
|This one was iced, re-iced, attempted quick-set fondant,|
scraped off quick-set fondant, and iced again.... I gave up.
|This one I sort of liked. Basket weave is the way to go.|
There were two color flow birds that looked like they
were kissing, but one broke... one by itself = not so cute.