Monday, May 28, 2012

The Day Filled with Laughter and The One Day I Cried (Part 1)

Shannon:

"When I knew I was going to be accepted into the clinical trial at NIH for treatment, I asked the doctors what chances of my hair falling out would be. When I received a firm, not to be objected to, 100%, I started toying with the idea of donating my hair. My hair came down to about my waist, and I was raised and came to believe for myself that , "... if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering".



"I thought about leaving it the way it was and just seeing if it might fall out, but the more the doctors affirmed that of over 300 patients only 1 didn't lose all their hair the less I wanted my glory to go to waste. If I was going to donate my hair it had to be done before any chemo or drugs were administered. So I finally decided to donate my hair to Locks of Love before I was to go into the hospital."

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5


1 comment:

  1. I'm passing Shannon's story on to Steph. It's so full of emotion; bold, honest, tender, spiritual and so much more. Rest in Peace, Shannon.

    ReplyDelete