Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shoe Addict Thriving: Tying Up Loose Ends

Shannon:

01/21/2011



Crochet patterns always instruct you to weave in the tail of the knot after you end a color. I have never liked the results of this method. The kind of yarns I like to use are often very soft and sort of slick. It tends to loosen and slip out of where you have woven it in.

I sew down each knot in order to eliminate the worry that the crochet product will unravel or come loose. This is how I do it:

1.) I take needle and thread that closely match the yarn and sew through the yarn knot 3-4 times in different directions.



2) Then I tightly loop the thread around the "tail" of the yarn 3-4 times to make a tight hold on the tail.



3) I then guide the needle down the middle of the thread holding down the tail and make a knot and then cut the tail off close to that knot.





This leaves me with a nice finished end that I don't have to worry will come loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment